Feb 26th, 2020
For our SUMMER READY ONLINE GROUP --> CLICK HERE
You may have heard that Abs are made in the kitchen. But they're actually made in the gym but revealed int he kitchen. In order to see our abs we have to do 2 parts:
Pt. 1 Eat correctly to drop body fat.
Pt. 2 Train a certain way to build ab muscles and burn body fat.
**1) Eat less calories and burn more fat**
- It takes about 3500 calories to lose a pound of weight
- If you eat 500 calories less per day then you should lose about 1 pound per week. Now we want to make sure that 1 pound is muscle and not fat. We also want to make sure your calories don't get too low. Low for women around 1400-1500 cals, low for men around 1800-2000 cals.
**2) Eat more protein and less inflammatory foods**
-Protein is the building block of muscle. Muscle will make you look leaner and burn more calories. Protein will also keep you fuller for longer.
-Eat less foods that will make you feel bloated. Some of these foods may be diary, sugar, processed meats, trans fats, alcohol, gluten, and veggie/nut oils. These foods can also wreck your gut health making it harder for your body to break down food.
**3) Eat more fibrous foods and eat less sugary foods**
- Fiber feeds good bacteria in your gut, slows down digestion, helps you poop, and keeps you full.
- Fiber is found in fruits, veggies, ad whole whole grains.
- Sugar will make you hungry faster, can cause inflammation/bloating, becomes addictive, makes you eat more food in general
**4) Drink more water and Drink less calories**
-Water boosts your metabolism, regulates your hunger cue, removes waste from the body, helps with workouts, helps body properly burn fat
-Around half your body weight in ounces
- Drinking calories isn't very filling, drinking fruit juices/sodas/energy drinks are just full of sugar (pt #3), drinking alcohol can stops your body from burning fat, empty calories, makes you feel hungrier, and can lead you to make poor choices (Eat worse foods).
**5) Be more consistent and less stressed**
- Consistency is the key to seeing your abs! It may take a long time of eating right and working out to finally drop body fat. Especially around your stomach. Stay the course, have a good plan, have an accountability partner and continue to push on!
- Stress kills consistency. It makes your body store fat in your stomach and organs. It causes inflammation and bloating. It causes you to make poor food and drinking choices. It ruins your sleep.